Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Epiphany



So I was hit full force with a realization this morning, while I struggled to wake up over a cup of coffee. I was reading posts on facebook, and I sort of zoned out on something. I think I might have been daydreaming. But it is the end result that got my attention:

There was a man, and he was preaching. Or maybe just yelling. But the point of his statement was this: Belief in God, Belief in Jesus - these are not enough. Salvation comes from deeper within.
He was preaching that it had to be like a full immersion baptism, something that covered us from head to toe. And I thought to myself, but how do I do that?  And it hit me.

Belief isn't enough. It has to be a full immersion of SELF. Belief is thought. Faith is heart. It takes both. Salvation does not come from the mind, but from the heart - from full immersion and surrender to Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment